Gateways of Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Beta Testers: Read and Vote!

+2
zxcv411
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Please select from the following:

All Beta Testers: Read and Vote! I_vote_lcap46%All Beta Testers: Read and Vote! I_vote_rcap 46% 
[ 6 ]
All Beta Testers: Read and Vote! I_vote_lcap54%All Beta Testers: Read and Vote! I_vote_rcap 54% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 13

All Beta Testers: Read and Vote! Empty All Beta Testers: Read and Vote!

Post  Admin Fri May 09, 2008 7:46 pm

We have 15 weeks before Dragon-con.
That is 106 days, my friends, before we are suppose to be ready to present to an agent.

We have to finish Drollog, Yipseria, Koldroon, and the 6 Kingdoms of Ellislandia.
We have to do a once over off all of the realm information and add what needs to be added and make sure it all flows.
We have to do a rules review to ensure that everything is in there that needs to be in there.
We have to make 15 more levels for every skill.
We have more skills to add that are used so often they aren't character interest skills anymore.
We have to do a complete review to make sure that everything is right and tight and ready.
We have to finish writing random packets like:
Dragon Lore
Metaphysics
We have to flesh out and figure out what we're doing with Tru Names for selling purposes.
We have write monsters, underworld, and a lot lot more to truly flesh out this world.

Dragoncon is the deadline.

The goal is to get Gateways ready. Chad is writing somewhere between 30 to 50 pages a week in OSAs. That’s too many pages that he's spending writing on stuff that is not development.
You are going to say its back history.
I say it is unimportant to the mission and the overall goal.

So, there are two options that we have decided. This is not open for discussion, so please select from the following two options. This poll will be open until Monday. If you want a say, please vote. If you know someone that doesn't have internet access, please make sure they know about this poll, as their vote will not count unless they log in a vote on this poll.

Option 1: Week game until the end of May, in which the Beta Test will be closed until we have finished developing all of the Realms.

Option 2: We alternate; Beta Test one week, Develop the next. Because each Beta Tester is part of 'two nights a week dedicated to plot line' (not development), an updated character sheet, an extra body in a small apartment, and a 1 to 10 page OSA....those Beta Testers that do not come and contribute at the Development meetings will be thanked for their time and invited back when we are all completed.

Please be honest with your voting. If you aren't interested in developing, please vote option 1. I can assure you that there will be no hard feelings.

Ultimately, we just want to get it finished so we can spend all of this time entertaining you guys. Smile

If you have any questions, please feel free to drop me an e-mail: shelleylewis@gatewaysofdestiny.com

Admin
Admin

https://gatewaysofdestiny.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

All Beta Testers: Read and Vote! Empty Re: All Beta Testers: Read and Vote!

Post  zxcv411 Fri May 09, 2008 7:58 pm

I think that holding off till after the realms are finished is a good idea. Because Dragon*Con is fast approaching, Having Dev meetings every week will guarantee that Gateways is ready for the agent and public eye.

And besides, the sooner we get the game fully fleshed out, the sooner we all can play in the world that we all helped to create bounce
zxcv411
zxcv411

http://www.posseinteractive.com/solomon

Back to top Go down

Post  Phaedra Sat May 10, 2008 8:42 am

I think one beta test, one development is the best way to go. That way we're developing the world and testing it out as we go. Then if it gets into June and we're still not getting enough done we can put the beta test on hold. But really...it's up to the Weavers.
Phaedra
Phaedra

Back to top Go down

Post  Voltaire Sat May 10, 2008 11:04 am

Game till the end of May, then dedicate every week to development. That's my vote.

This also frees up some time for me to start running Darkness Falls again, my D&D chums. Wink
Voltaire
Voltaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 10, 2008 1:37 pm

Doing a little marketing I see? Hm?

Admin
Admin

https://gatewaysofdestiny.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Rai Sun May 11, 2008 2:51 pm

I vote game/devolope/game, that way we can see if it works AS we are developing it. Also...it won't "Let" me click the vote...I must be doing it wrong...sigh...
Rai
Rai

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedivere Wed May 14, 2008 9:57 am

Which one allots more time to the actual development of gateways? Cause thats my vote.

Bedivere

http://starfarer50.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down