Gateways of Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Update: Everyone Please Read

3 posters

Go down

Gaming Update: Everyone Please Read Empty Gaming Update: Everyone Please Read

Post  MasterWeaver Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:58 am

The 'split groups' seems to be working very nicely for everyone involved. Saturday night group is moving along nicely, and Wednesday Nights seems to be less hectic and moving at a much smoother pace

Just a couple of things from the 'Admin' and Master Weaver:

1. Don't make my life difficult. Please fill out your 'Character Update Sheet' the correct way, complete with 'Tudor'. If you do not have a 'Tudor' listed, your skill will not be updated. If you do not fill out your character update sheet the right way, it can turn Sunday 'Update Day' from an hour for all, to 3 hours or more. If something is incorrect on your character sheet, please write it on your Character Update Sheet and I will review it. Any issues with your stats should be discussed with me, Shelley (Board Name: Admin), and be prepared to defend your issue as 95% of character sheet complaints have been incorrect. I can't tell you how many times I've had someone say to me 'I had this skill at blah', only to pull out past character sheets and show them that they did not.

2. Please review your skills, as we trust that you will be honest with your character's abilities. We had an instance last week when a character used a skill they did not have, which, in turn, effected the outcome of the entire session. If this happens again, that skill will be removed from your character's sheet and you will have to repurchase the skill all over again (including finding a 'Tudor' to teach you). Everyone makes mistakes, but consider yourself warned as we will assume that you are cheating if it happens again.

3. Just a friendly reminder: The more you put into your OSAs, the more you will get out of them. If you write a one sentence OSA, don't expect more than a sentence back.

4. If you have not read your rulebook, please do so. OSAs are still not being done correctly, and skills are not being used properly; especially Labor and Gilded Skills.

5. If you have not fleshed our your HRs, Contacts, or Character Background, you are only hurting yourself in that your 'game' will not be as cool. Seriously. (I'm expecting you to say something about this, Jess. Send me a PM or e-mail at work so I can find out where we are with this.)

6. As far as group nights go: To cut down on the number of people in the house, if you are not playing Wednesday or Saturday nights, we are going to have to ask that you do not come over. The purpose of splitting the groups is to make the food (and cleaning) issue more manageable and, more importantly, cut down on the number of people in the house on any given game day. You are more than welcome to stop by (calling, first, of course) any other day, but this is only to make it fair to the other 'groups' game night. If you would like to play (by burning your OSA) on a night other than your primary, please send us an e-mail or PM letting us know.

7. The Weaver Team has kicked back into gear. Finished Vitalitus and Ques'Solia information will be available for the games of Wednesday April 23, 2008 and Saturday April 26, 2008. The next realm to be finished is Aquies, as we have had two players asking for this realm specifically (Yes, Max, we listen!!!)

6. I want to remind everyone that this is a BETA TEST. While gaming is fun, the goal of this entire session is to work out the kinks in the system and holes in the world. We must stay focused on the goal.
If you are only interested in 'gaming' and not assisting in some way, shape , or fashion to get the Gateways of Destiny product 'agent ready', then please send me a PM. If this is the case for you, the Gateways of Destiny Team would personally like to thank you for your time, but have to ask you to discontinue your presence at the sessions. We have a deadline to get everything done, and a list of gamers that want to be Beta Testers.
We expect all of our Beta Testers to do the following:
*Read, know, and understand the rules of the game.
*Do OSAs-correctly.
*Give meaningful thoughts and ideas in reference to the System or world itself. (I have only received two rule books, and have 3 players that actively discuss rules and the world on a regular basis: One is brand new (Nic!). This is what we need!!)
* Dabble in the Gilded, Labor, and Human Resources aspect of the game.
*While grammar issues are nice, we have a LARPer/Gamer with an English degree and a lot of experience in editing that will be taking care of our information.

7. To assist with the 'Beta Test' issue, there will be a board revamp tonight. Please use them in the appropriate manner. More to come on this; it will make sense tonight when you see them.

8. If you have any questions or problems in relation to this post, please send a PM to 'Admin' or an e-mail to shelleylewis@gatewaysofdestiny.com. Smile

Thank you- The Gateways Staff

MasterWeaver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gaming Update: Everyone Please Read Empty Re: Gaming Update: Everyone Please Read

Post  Bedivere Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:05 am

Ah so true, it seems we've all lost track of the real goal. All right, I make it a point to go back to editing my rulebook, cause I'm sure I could find more things to be elaborated upon, as well as histories to be learned.

And yeah, I'll start thinking on my history as well, and start trying to punch it out.

Bedivere

http://starfarer50.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Gaming Update: Everyone Please Read Empty Re: Gaming Update: Everyone Please Read

Post  Francesco Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:30 am

And here I was thinking that maybe I was sending TOO many pm's. Very Happy

I should have a pretty "edited" rulebook by saturday for y'all to peruse.

ps. Max, I'm with you on the whole Aquies thing. ;P

Francesco

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedivere Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:07 pm

Francesco wrote:And here I was thinking that maybe I was sending TOO many pm's. Very Happy

Actually they were praising you for it. I'll work on that some tonight.

Bedivere

http://starfarer50.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Francesco Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:37 pm

ya, although they spelled my name wrong, I did notice the above post! ^_^

saturday night has definitely become the highlight of my week.. Smile

Francesco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down