Gateways of Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming starts tomorrow night!!! 6/25/08

+3
Phaedra
Sovereign Wealth
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Gaming starts tomorrow night!!! 6/25/08 Empty Gaming starts tomorrow night!!! 6/25/08

Post  Admin Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:38 am

The end of the two week period is over, and we'll be starting again tomorrow night; Wednesday, 6/24/08. If for some reason you will not be able to attend, please post below stating so.

A couple of things have changed as far as Beta testing and gaming go. Please read below:

1. We will not be allowed to burn OSAs to play with the other groups. The goal of splitting the nights was to make two smaller groups. So, those that have been playing on both, pick one: Group A or B and I will make sure the boards are set up for you that way. There will be no hard feelings either way for which ever groups you pick. You will be, however, allowed to come to both development meetings if you choose.
Note: *Chris!!* Despite what your character is doing, if you want to play Wednesday night instead of Friday, send Chad an e-mail at chadlewis@gatewaysofdestiny.com. He will discuss this more with you if that is what you would like to do.

2. We will continue to alternate gaming with development meetings; This Wednesday (6/25/08) and Friday (6/27/08) will be gaming and the following Wednesday (7/2/08: Amanda's Birthday!!!!) and Friday (7/4/08) will be development meetings.

3. Roll Call: It is expensive and difficult to feed 8+ people. If you are planning on attending, you will be required to post so on the roll call for that week with your expected arrival time and when you will need to leave by.
Consider this post the roll call.
This is to avoid us waiting 2 to 3 hours for someone who 'might' show up and to, simply, to make it easier for people like Jessica (for example) to plan to feed the number of people that are attending....if she happens to be doing food that week.
I would say if your session is on Wednesday, please give the 'food maker' 2 to 3 days notice if you are coming so they have time to plan. So, Group A, please answer roll call on the boards by the Monday before, and Group B, please answer roll call by Wednesday. If you do not answer roll call in some way, shape or form (either on the boards, or by sending me (shelleylewis@gatewaysofdestiny.com) an e-mail, there will not be food for, your OSA may not be completed, and your character sheet may not be updated. While these circumstances will be different when the LARP is running, for purposes of the Beta Test, it is inefficient for us to spin our wheels on something that doesn't have to be done right then.

4. Food, Gaming, and Development Meetings: On the subject of food, as those that have provided dinner can tell you, feeding everyone is expensive. All of our bills are raised by having people come over twice a week. We make sure that the dinner providers' are compensated in karma, and we are more than happy to pay larger power and water bills if that means we have people to help us finish up the last few steps with Gateways. HOWEVER, it is not acceptable to come over, eat dinner, hang out for 20 mins, and then leave. This has been a problem the last couple of sessions. We need people that want to help and take it seriously....not people to mooch. So, if you aren't going to help, don't come. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

5. Character Sheets: Please use your character update sheet. I know that I haven't been perfect about this, but we are turning a new leaf. If it isn't on your sheet, it won't be updated. If you have not given it to me in writing on a character update sheet BEFORE your game day, it will not be updated for that evenings session.

6. A simple reminder: Our apartment is our home. Not only is it where we game, but its where we live day to day. This is our sanctuary, our haven, and where we come to settle down, relax, and feel safe. I would hope that no one in our group would ever do anything to endanger or betray that trust we have in you to allow you into our home. However, please know, that IF anyone were to do anything to betray our trust, invade our privacy, or do anything to make us feel UNSAFE in our own home, not only will you be banned from all Gateways of Destiny events and Morie's Path LLC functions, you will also be prosecuted to the FULLEST extent of the law. Please understand that the Gateways of Destiny staff is VERY serious about this, and this is going to be all that is said on the subject.

7. We're getting down to the wire, so a new rule needs to be set: If you miss two sessions (*gaming night and development meeting') in a row, we're going to have to say thank you for your involvement and time, but not to come over anymore. We'll call you again before our first LARP event. I realize with it being summer and vacations are upon us, this may be difficult. If you have one of those situations, please let me know IN ADVANCE.
We are looking for Marshalls, Weavers, seasoned players, and people that really want to be involved in this project. No feelings will be hurt on our end, but we need consistent and regular players that do OSAs and are making an active effort to understand the rules and world. If you can't dedicate the time, that’s totally okay, we just need to find people that can. Lets remember why we started this is the first place: to Beta Test.

8. If you have any issues with your character sheets tomorrow, please come see me. We need to ensure they are rectified ASAP.

If you have an questions or concerns please feel free to e-mail me: shelleylewis@gatewaysofdestiny.com.

Admin
Admin

https://gatewaysofdestiny.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Gaming starts tomorrow night!!! 6/25/08 Empty Re: Gaming starts tomorrow night!!! 6/25/08

Post  Sovereign Wealth Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:56 am

I'll be showing up Wednesday nights as usual. around 5:30-6:00 as I usually do.

Sovereign Wealth

Back to top Go down

Gaming starts tomorrow night!!! 6/25/08 Empty Re: Gaming starts tomorrow night!!! 6/25/08

Post  Phaedra Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:05 am

I"ll be there! :-) I may be a little late this week (7 or 7:30) because I have a class at work. And I can't do food. I'll pitch in if we want to order pizza or something.
Phaedra
Phaedra

Back to top Go down

Post  zxcv411 Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:09 am

I will be rejoining Wednesday's group Very Happy and show up around the same time everyone else will.
zxcv411
zxcv411

http://www.posseinteractive.com/solomon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:31 pm

Due to monotary funds we will not be able to provide food. If no one steps up and can take the food helm it would be wise to eat before you came over. This includes drinks as well.

Gateways Staff

Admin
Admin

https://gatewaysofdestiny.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreams of One Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:10 pm

I will be attending Friday's Beta Test and will be there around seven. I usually have friday's off; however, since there is a large volume of guests I have been asked to come in and assist the regular time staff.
Dreams of One
Dreams of One

Back to top Go down

Post  Ako Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:15 pm

I don't know what group I fall in due to in-play reasons, but unless told otherwise I'll be showing up tomorrow. I'll be there at 6:30 unless traffic gets in the way. I can and will begin bringing drinks again and pitching in more for food now that I have a job.
Ako
Ako

Back to top Go down

Post  Rai Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:31 pm

Bleh..sorry I took so long to respond..I will be there tonight, but I will be around 9ish...I'll explain more in full, but the simple answer is I was needed at the pro-shop...at anyrate, don't worry on food for me, I'll be taken care of up here. Again, sorry for the delay I will be more prompt next roll call.

Kevin
Rai
Rai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down